[Qgis-user] Styled Layer Descriptor-Files (SLD) of OGC

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Feb 17 22:47:41 PST 2009

Hi

On Monday 16 February 2009 13:16:05 Agustin Lobo wrote:
> I've found this "tool for reading out styling information from ArcMap®
> and converting into Styled Layer Descriptor-Files (SLD) of OGC"
>
> http://arcmap2sld.geoinform.fh-mainz.de/ArcMap2SLDConverter_Eng.htm
>
> once converted into SLD, can it be used in QGIS?
>
> Thanks
>
> Agus

Currently SLD is not supported in QGIS, though its on my wish list too. First
we need to get the renderer infrastructure (which Martin and his gang are
working on) updated to support the various SLD style requirements (so that we
can actually draw in the way the SLD specifies).

Regards,

--
Tim Sutton, Linfiniti Consulting
* QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
* Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net