[Qgis-user] qgis displays wrong coordinates on BSB chart

Jean-Claude Repetto jcrml at mxm.eu
Sat Jan 3 12:55:11 PST 2009

Tim Sutton a écrit :

>> I have downloaded a BSB chart from the NOAA site at
>> <http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/Raster/download_agreement.htm>
>>
>> Chart #50 (NORTH PACIFIC OCEAN EASTERN PART)
>>
>> The chart seems correctly referenced (it contains many GCPs, I checked
>> some of them), but when I  open it with qgis 1.0 preview 2, the
>> latitudes displayed are wrong. For exemple, if I put the cursor on the
>> 15° parallel of the chart, qgis displays 13.2°.
>
> For me there is an issue with the referencing of the image. I generated
> a 1x1 degree graticule in QGIS using the graticule plugin, set value of
> 1 in your dataset to be transparent and underlaid the vmap country
> boundaries. The BSB dataset aligns with neither the vmap or the
> graticule. See screenshot link below. Have you been able to verify that
> it is properly aligned when opening in other GIS software?
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/timlinux/3149590299/

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your answer. I have checked the file with SeaClear
(<http://www.sping.com/seaclear/>), and the coordinates are correctly
displayed.

On this screen shot <http://dl.free.fr/qu2tpayGr>, I have put the cursor
on the map at 20°N, 120°W, and you can see that the coordinates
displayed at the lower right corner of the screen are correct.

Best regards,
Jean-Claude