[Qgis-user] plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Sun Jan 4 14:12:16 PST 2009

On niedziela 04 styczeń 2009 18:34:54 Agustin Lobo wrote:
> True, I was missing a click on the python-qgis package in Synaptic.
> Anyway, the problem I have now after installing python-qgis 1.0.0.~hardy
> is that
> the plugin manager states that "Plugin Installer (Version 0.06.2)
> [incompatible]"
> and cannot select it. (Note that I selected "complete removal" of the
> preview
> packages in Synaptic before the new install). I see that the
> *.pyc files in /usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/plugin_installer
> have date as of 2009-01-04
> but the *.py files are dated 2008-12-23

The plugin installer in /usr/share/qgis is 0.9.8, but is masked by an old and
incompatible version (0.06.2) placed in ~/.qgis/python/plugins/ - just remove
the plugin_installer directory from there.

Unfortunately a plugin in your home directory always masks its instance placed
in the /usr location regardless of the versions. I'll think how to improve
this behaviour.

Regards,