[Qgis-user] Changing project resolution in qgis?

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:20:09 PST 2009

Hi Kurt,
> I was wondering if it were possible to change a projects resolution in
> qgis.
Your project doesn't have a resolution itself...
> I my project area consists of twenty one raster maps plus vector maps
> for the water (coast, lake, river).  I am adding in point vectors for
> archaeological sites. I get so far, and can go no further, because I
> the map is too big.
What do you mean by this? Too big in terms of file size, or dimensions?
Too big to export?
> Each raster map is of a 20km by 20km region, at a 10m resolution.  I
> am thinking that the resolution doesn't need to be this high so I
> wanted to change it to a courser resolution.  I checked through the
> menu and didn't see anything that would obviously do this.
You'll probably need to re-sample the individual raster layers in GRASS.
If they aren't GRASS rasters layers already, you'll need to import the
layers into GRASS, and do your operations from there. Check the QGIS
documentation for instructions on importing layers into GRASS etc.

Hope that helps,

Carson