[Qgis-user] Re: Problem with Postgis-Manager plugin on OSX

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 07:26:20 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi QGIS-Users and Martin,
>
> I am trying to use the Postgis-Manager Plugin on OSX-Leopard.
>
> I installed psycopg2 and use QGIS 1.0 from
> http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/mac/qgis-1.0.0.dmg.gz
>
> When I try to load the plugin, I am getting an error message complaining
> about a UnicodeEncodeError - see text below. Any idea on what I could do to
> fix the problem?

Hi Andreas,

the plugin just wasn't prepared well for use with unicode strings.
I've just released an updated version 0.4.5 which should fix all
possible sources of this kind of errors, so give it a try to see
whether it's fine. Now PostGIS Manager should be able to handle
schemas, tables, column names and other identifiers with non-ascii
characters fine.

Regards
Martin