[Qgis-user] Ideas for QGIS plugin?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 30 04:59:54 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 17:52 +0100, Florian Hillen wrote:
> Dear mailing list.
>
> Concerning my bachelor thesis in geoinformatics I am thinking about
> developing a useful plugin for QGIS.
> Using QGIS quiet frequently, I was not missing a feature so far, but maybe
> anyone of you can imagine a missing functionality!?
> I appreciate all kinds of suggestions or any idea that could help.
>
> Best regards,
> Florian

1. Smart labeling engine

2. A tool that creates as many new vector maps as the number of areas
(=closed polygons) in a given vector map. For example, I have a map with
with 10 digitised lakes. For some reason I would like a new map for each
lake without going through a "select+save as" process for each lake.

Kind Regards, Nikos