[Qgis-user] WMS: Windows version doesn't offer JPEG format

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jul 3 01:40:29 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I remember having the same problem a couple of months before.

When I connect to WMS it only offerst me the PNG format, but I want the
JPEG format. The GetCapabilities request offers the following formats:

     <Format>image/jpeg</Format>
      <Format>image/gif</Format>
      <Format>image/png</Format>
      <Format>image/png; mode=24bit</Format>
      <Format>image/vnd.wap.wbmp</Format>
      <Format>image/tiff</Format>
      <Format>image/svg+xml</Format>

Before I connect to the specific WMS service I get all formats: GIF, JPEG,
PNG, PNG, TIFF - after connecting, I get only PNG, but I am sure the
server can deliver JPEGs.

I also checked that the qt image plugins are available.

Any idea on what may be wrong in the current Windows trunk version?

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann