[Qgis-user] Problems installing QGIS 1.0.2 on Windows XP

Mike Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Thu Jul 9 07:59:21 PDT 2009

Gavin,

Try installing both VC 2005 and VC 2008 redistributable packages:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

Also, I assume you have an x86 computer. If you have a 64 bit computer
or something else, then there are different redistributable packages for
those platforms. If so, the links for the IA64 and x64 packages are
available on the x86 pages. (But even then, I'm not even sure if QGIS
works with these systems.)

-Mike