[Qgis-user] loading grass rasters

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jul 14 01:14:29 PDT 2009

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> alessandro.sarretta at inwind.it ha scritto:
>> try to load a grass raster from the GRASS Toolbox to the map in QGIS, I receive
>> an error like
>> ".../grassdada/location/mapset/cellhd/raster is not a valid or
>> recognized raster data source"
>
> I have the same on Debian with qgis from trunk.
> Probably some recent change is the culprit.
> All the best.

Actually it's some quirk of version mismatches between QGIS and GDAL, or
possibly an issue in some builds of GDAL, specifically the GDAL-GRASS
plugin.

Was the windows install a fresh install or upgrade?
Clean install of windows solved it the last time for me on windows and
matching repos on Ubuntu.

Alex