[Qgis-user] Poll on website

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 14 08:38:43 PDT 2009

I think that this is due to the fact that QGIS is still a relatively young
project and a lot of functionality is still missing. For this reason
people trade the benefit of having the urgently needed feature against the
fact that the unstable version may not be as stable.

The attitude towards unstable will probably change once QGIS gets more
feature rich and mature and is satisfying the needs of Joe average.

But at the current stage there is still a lot of functionality missing for
many users, especially in the 1.0 branch. People are more or less forced
to use the unstable version if they want to get their job done.

As I said, this will probably change in 1-3 years timeframe.

Andreas

On Tue, July 14, 2009 5:29 pm, Werner Macho wrote:
> To whoever the poll on the website is interesting ..
>
> I find it interesting that most people use 1.1 allthough it's still
> considered to be the "unstable" version ..
> Martin - I guess it was your suggestion to make such a poll .. What do
> you think about the preliminary result?
>
> Do all else who did not notice .. There is a Poll on the
> http://www.qgis.org/ Mainpage .. please give us your vote :)
>
> regards
> Werner

Andreas Neumann