[Qgis-user] WMS Problems with the Windows builds

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 14 12:53:29 PDT 2009

For the sake of helping others that may run into the same problem:

the problem could be solved with the help of Jürgen and Marco.

The standard OSGeo installation path is on C:\OSGeo - I installed under
C:\Programme\OSGeo, because our IT services told me to do so. As a
result, qt couldn't find it's image plugins. Jürgen could solve the
issue by setting the environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH:

set QT_PLUGIN_PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\Qt4\plugins

the batch file could be stored in %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\etc\ini\qt4.bat

After that jpeg images can be loaded in the print composer, WMS requests
and in customized GUI elements of plugins.

Jürgen fixed the OSGeo installer to handle such cases.

Thanks!

Andreas