[Qgis-user] GeoRSS and CSW Plugins Added to Pyqgis Repo

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Jul 30 11:44:08 PDT 2009

>From a plugin provider perspective,

I would like pyqgis to harvest our repo. I would provide (upload) a
plugin.XML (as per the plugin spec) and pyqgis should be able to go out
and grab the files for each and every plugin.

That way the plugin developer community can focus on creating plugins
instead of maintain file uploads and metadata.  Again MHO.

I agree not everyone are computer geeks. Supporting the users and not
developers though means people can access plugins if the developers take
the time to share them.. The goal IMHO would be for both sides to have
an easy time to publish and find plugins.

Cheers