[Qgis-user] Re: shapefile points with attributes.

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 1 17:50:06 PDT 2009

mtnbiketrail at zzz.com wrote:
> I want to have an attribute that would be a jpg photo associated with a
> shapefile point. Is the only way to do that is via a postgre-sql(or
> however you spell it) database? Do I have to use a sql "like" db?
> Thanks,
> Tom

The geotagger and event visualization plugins are geared towards this
function, allowing you to store the point location in the exif tag of
the jpeg itself and linking with a shapefile or vector layer when viewed
in QGIS.

http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org/open_source/easygeotagger/index.php
http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org/open_source/evis/download.php

FYI, spatialite supports similar function in version 2.3 but won't pop
up the photos in QGIS currently. Some one will need to write a plugin
for that.

Alex