[Qgis-user] QGIS Hackfest 2009

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 00:13:20 PDT 2009

As it had a missleading Subject line last time - now again with more
attention and fixed typos ;)

Hi QGIS Users out there!

It is fixed!

The 2nd QGIS Hackfest will take place at the University of applied
science in Vienna, AUSTRIA
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.237432&lon=16.331496&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.237432&lon=16.331496&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF>)

I got the fixed covenant for a "Meeting-Room" in Wilhelm Exner Haus,
Peter Jordan Strasse 82, 1180 Wien
The Room has 19 "Workplaces" - I think that means wired internet
connection (probably even PCs)

I'll organize a standard login for attendees - so I guess we will not
have much problems..

The room is a bit bigger than in Hannover, therefore more people can
attend ;)

I thought about doing it nearly the same as in Hannover with some
evening program I have to think about ..

The nearest hotel (but not the cheapest one) is directly in the
neighbourhood
http://www.hotelmodul.at/cms/index.php?cccpage=Startseite&set_language=en
<http://www.hotelmodul.at/cms/index.php?cccpage=Startseite&set_language=en>

probably they are willing to support us with cheaper prices - I have not
asked until now (Paolo - will you do that as financial representative?)

But I know there are a lot of hotels in vienna :)

Thats all for now ..

I'll keep you informed via
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/2._QGIS_Hackfest_in_Vienna_2009 or mailing list ..
If you have any question just drop me an email..

best wishes and a happy hackfest

regards
Werner