[Qgis-user] Georeferencing geotiff

Rafael Moraes rafael.moraes29 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:39:59 PDT 2009

> Just a guess here but since its a geotiff you are georeferencing, gdal
> (and thus QGIS) may by using the internal georeferencing data of the
> geotiff in preference to your world file.
>
> Try saving the image to a non geotiff and then applying your world file...

Sometimes, to solve our problems we just need to go simple... Thanks for the
tip Tim!

But now I faced another problem: I transformed the file to *.img* with *
gdal_translate*, but when I load it on QGIS it doesn't appears on the map
display. I can see it on properties thumbnail, I can search him through the
Identify Features tool, I can even zoom to it, bu I can't see him. I missed
something in the conversion?

Using gdal 1.6.0, command: *gdal_translate -of HFA input.tif output.img
*
Cheers*
*
Rafael*