[Qgis-user] Help with Python Plug-in issue

Todd Fagin tfagin at coordinatesolutions.com
Wed Mar 18 12:16:01 PDT 2009

Greetings list,

I just installed Kore.  Previously, I was running Metis with a handful of
plug-ins.  When I installed using osgeo4w-setup.exe (I'm using Windows.), I
used the advanced options and selected to also install the python-qgis:
Python Plugin and bindings for Quantum GIS.  However, when I now launch
QGIS, I immediately received a series of Python errors stating "Couldn't
load plugin." The plugins it cannot load are geoprocessing, newlayer,
qgis_rgb, and rasteralgebra.  I assume these can't be loaded because they
were removed when I uninstalled Metis.  I thought the easy solution would be
to just go to the Plugins dropdown menu in QGIS and remove the offending
buggers.  Instead, QGIS locks-up any time I try to open the Plugins dialog.

In attempt to remedy this, I uninstalled the Python plugin, re-launched
QGIS, and cleared all of the selected plugins (of course, the offending ones
aren' t listed).  I then re-installed the Python plugin, but immediately get
the same problem.

This is incredibly frustrating, any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Todd Fagin

Coordinate Solutions, Inc.

2804 NW 18th St.