[Qgis-user] on-the-fly reprojection of raster maps

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 13:08:53 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 01:14:37PM +0100, Florian Hillen wrote:
> Hi Jachym,
>
> I'm currently working on a plugin to reproject a raster file "on the fly".
> This means in detail: load input raster -> define output name -> choose
> projection -> reproject (and add).
> Unfortunately gdalwarp can only warp to GTiff (the QGIS-Georeferencer and
> the console-based fwtools only can warp to GTiff either). I'm currently
> trying to find a solution for that, but right now I'm not very confident
> of that.
>
> Best regards,
> Florian

Hmm, I'm not very familiar with this problematic, however, it would be
IMHO nice - from the users point of view - to perform "real" OTF
reporjection:

1) define the project projection
2) load the map in different coordinate system
3) display in project's projection

so no new map would be created

this could imho work, if the pyramids would be create, the demands on
the system resources would not be that hight (?)

jachym