[Qgis-user] Python does not seem to be working on my Mac

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 13:23:11 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 14:10 -0500, Sebastian Cruz wrote:
> I have the same problem and because of it cannot install the homerange
> plug in by faunalia. I also have a Mac. Has anyone been able to get
> the plug in to work?

Hi there,
the plugin works both under linux and windows. Is a little tricky to
have all the pieces in place, but it definitely works.

You need python installed, and the following modules: rpy (or rpy2
depending on your R version), numpy, pywin32 (under windows). Then R
(tested from 2.6.2 and later, but *not* 2.7.0) and the following R
modules: adahabitat and rgdal (both installed with dependencies).

Under windows and using the OGEO4w installer, pyhton and the needed
python modules must be installed using the same installer.

If you manage to get it work under Mac OSX please add the infos here:

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/GSoC2008Rbinding

take care

-- Giovanni --