[Qgis-user] QGIS Going Closed Source

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Mar 31 22:24:40 PDT 2009

and we should add a DRM solution so that only government approved data
and data by trusted geodata corporations (such as Navteq and Teleatlas)
can be opened. This will help to improve corporate managers confidence
in the product and will help to get Wallstreets attention.

And we should tie QGIS to specific hardware so that only certified
Laptops can run the software. After all this would be an additional
source of revenue.

Finally, the use of QGIS on mobile devices and in car solutions in
conjunction with a GPS interface and the DRM solution should be patented.