[Qgis-user] question about Quantum GIS

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed May 13 04:50:46 PDT 2009

Hi

rizlaine touili wrote:
> Hello,
>  I would like to know if the Quantum GIS system allow us to make softcopy of
> the database?.. and if yes, could we modify the data in these softcopy and
> re-import all the data in the system?....

You can click on any layer and use the 'save as shapefile' option to
create a copy. You can then edit the copy and then reimport that.
Depending on what format your original dataset was, you could simply
overwrite it (e.g. file based datasets) or reimport it using shp2pgsql
(e.g postgis).

> do you have an arabic version of the documents ( manual, workshop...?)
> available on your site...

I believe there is work underway in the creation of arabic version of
the docs. The community team members could give you more info on this.

> thanks you very much..
> best regards...
> Miss Touili

Regards