[Qgis-user] Mac OS X and QGIS

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 19 06:39:46 PDT 2009

On May 19, 2009, at 6:13 AM, Simon Banton wrote:

> Many thanks Mars (and others), I found the instructions on how to
> assemble the necessary structure for the support of Quantum GIS to
> be somewhat daunting at first sight as I'm used to installing Mac
> apps by simply opening up a .dmg file and either running an
> installer or dragging the app from the mounted disk image.
>
> Once I'd got my head around the concept that all the talk of
> "frameworks" was about a set of support facilities that were
> prerequisites that just had to be installed first, I felt more
> confident and in fact it was quite straightforward.

I used to have an installer to install all the frameworks at once, but
it was hard to keep it synchronized with the individual installers.

> Incidentally, the notes on http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:support:install
>  say:
>
> "Frameworks and Base Packages can be installed in any order, but
> before any ordered packages"
>
> ...but in fact you need to install the GEOS and PROJ frameworks
> before you can install the SQLite3 one, even though they're shown in
> the non-ordered section.

Ah, I've been neglecting that install guide page.  SQLite used to work
on its own.  Thanks for reminding me.

I do list the frameworks in install order on the framework download
page.