[Qgis-user] Error at starting manageR

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Fri May 22 05:44:08 PDT 2009

Hi Agus,
> I'm having the following error at starting manageR
> using R 2.9, rpy2-2.04, qgis 1-0-2 and manageR 0.6.8 on ubuntu 8.04
> hardy:
>
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/manageR/manageR.py", line
> 29, in run
>     d = manageRDialog.manageR( self.iface, self.version )
>   File "/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/manageR/manageRDialog.py",
> line 46, in __init__
>     int( parser.get('general', 'delay') ) )
>   File "/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/manageR/completer.py", line
> 27, in __init__
>     self.loadSuggestions( commandList )
>   File "/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/manageR/completer.py", line
> 136, in loadSuggestions
>     xml = QXmlStreamReader( document.toByteArray() )
> NameError: global name 'QXmlStreamReader' is not defined
This is not an Rpy2 issue, it's a Qt issue. The latest version of
manageR uses the QXmlStreamReader to read the command completion info
from an xml file. You likely don't have the QtXml stuff installed, which
is what is causing this error. I'm going to make it so you don't have to
load the commands from the xml file (in fact, the version in my google
code repository already has this feature), but the way it is currently
set up, you do...

Sorry for the confusion, and if I get a chance tonight, I'll update the
manageR version to this latest version.

Cheers,

Carson