[Qgis-user] qgis & mrsid used to work

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:58:22 PST 2009

gdalinfo --version returns GDAL 1.6.2

if I do 'sudo apt-get remove gdal1-1.5.0' it wants to remove all this:
  proj libgdal1-1.6.0-grass
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgdal1-1.5.0 libqgis1.3.0 python-qgis python-qgis-common qgis
qgis-common qgis-plugin-grass qgis-plugin-grass-common

And if I 'apt-get install qgis', it wants to put gdal 1.5.0 back.

Is there something with the ubuntugis/unstable repo perhaps?

Thanks,
Mark