[Qgis-user] Re: Qgis-user Digest, Vol 45, Issue 16

Fred LaPlante flaplante at flos-inc.com
Sun Nov 8 11:07:28 PST 2009

Mauricio,
Thanks so much for the improvements, the GUI looks fine to me!  v0.5 looks to be much closer to what I was looking for when I initially raised the question about v0.3 getting repaired.  With some 3000+ land parcels to enter, I am looking forward to being able to use this plugin. I am particularly glad to see the addition of the 'next vertex' fields.

Unfortunately using qGIS 1.4 TRUNK, the main map area of qGIS goes blank and everything freezes when I click the 'Draw' button. Should I revert to an earlier version?

My boundaries of my polygon are:
349.95ft @ N 3d 34' 08" W
1133.93ft @ S 89d 58' 43" E
297.15ft @ S 23d 39' 02" E
1229.25ft @ S 89d 25' 19" E

FYI, my general location is Maine USA (Extreme North East)
layer CRS is EPSG=4326 (WGS84 lat/lon)
project CRS is EPSG=26919 (NAD87/UTM feet)

Also the 'capture from Map' button in the 'next vertex' area does not seem to do anything. I assume the idea is to compute the azimuth and distance from the captured coordinates, but nothing happens.

Thanks again for your work.

Fred LaPlante