[Qgis-user] connect the dots

morb.gis at beagle.com.au morb.gis at beagle.com.au
Tue Nov 10 14:01:42 PST 2009

As a workaround, and assuming you can make your way around PostGIS, the
following might do what you're looking for:

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ST_MakeLine.html

quote:

Examples: Spatial Aggregate version

This example takes a sequence of GPS points and creates one record for each gps
travel where the geometry field is a line string composed of the gps points in
the order of the travel.

SELECT gps.gps_track, ST_MakeLine(gps.the_geom) As newgeom
	FROM (SELECT gps_track,gps_time, the_geom
			FROM gps_points ORDER BY gps_track, gps_time) As gps
	GROUP BY gps.gps_track

Brendan