[Qgis-user] Marker for selected SVG symbols?

Ron Bentley rtbentley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:42:33 PST 2009

I select features on a point layer where the points are represented by
SVG symbols, and I get no visual indication that the points are selected.

The "identify features" tool can indicate a symbol by dropping a square,
red marker on top of it.  Is there any way to make the select tool do
something similar?

The context for this is a Python plugin, so in the worst case I could
have the plugin use QgsVertexMarker to flag the selected symbol(s) --
although I'm not entirely sure how to get rid of the marker after that.

Ron Bentley