[Qgis-user] geotiff files

Ralph rawilliams8 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 19:35:52 PST 2009

Hello,

I have been trying to obtain data from MassGIS using OLIVER.  When I load the ortho photo raster layer into qgis along with several vector layers as shape files, all looks good.

However if I then enable OTF coordinate transformations the layers no longer register (ortho photo is separate from the rest).

It appears that the coordinate projection information is not getting into qgis.  The ortho photo data is downloaded as a tif file.  However MassGIS tells me it is really a "geotiff" file, which should have the projection information.  If I copy the tif file and rename the copy to *.geotiff qgis will still read it and display properly.

However when I enable OTF I get the same problem.

Is anyone familiar with using MassGIS raster data in qgis?  Can you tell me if I am doing anything wrong or is qgis simply not reading the file correctly?

Thanks for any help.