[Qgis-user] Re: Azimuth and Distance Plugin

Fred LaPlante flaplante at flos-inc.com
Thu Nov 12 07:50:48 PST 2009

Hi Darren,
Glad to see someone else groping with Nxxdxx'xx"W type bearings.  Was
beginning to think I was the only one with the problem.

I wonder if you have to deal with magnetic or compass headings rather
than true north. I have mostly magnetic headings as well as cases where
there are adjacent parcels on a single deed map but the surveyor didn't
bother to show the reverse heading on the 'other' side of the line.

I am working with a patch to Mauricio's dmsToDd function that will
accept these surveyors relative headings as well as allowing for
magnetic and reverse headings. Have it working on blank layers, but
everything is either crashing or freezing when I try it with a real layer.

Fred LaPlante
Maine, USA