[Qgis-user] georeferencer problem

Darren Cope darrencope at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 05:55:19 PST 2009

I'm also having problems with the Georeferencer plugin.  I'm using QGIS 1.40.
r12167 installed via OSGeo4W on an XP box.

The only transform type that I can get to work is linear, which gives poor
results.  I tried all of the others (polynomial, etc) and all of the
settings, and none of them work.  When choosing (for example) Polynomial 1,
and clicking "Create" I get the warning about creating a GeoTiff.  I click
"OK" and get the "Warp Options" dialog.  At this point, the "OK" button and
"Cancel" button do nothing.  I can set all of my options, but hitting "OK"
does nothing.  Only the "X" to close the window does anything, and of course
this means I can't actually georeference an image!  Any thoughts?

As well, I can't seem to find the Georeferencer Plugin in the repositories.
Any reason it's missing?

Cheers,

Darren Cope