[Qgis-user] Support for (wrong) GEOCOVER projection for S hemisphere in qgis

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Nov 18 22:20:10 PST 2009

Agustin Lobo wrote:

> No, what I was doing was different:
> I was setting the project to 18S (not 18N) with OTF reprojection, the
> raster to 18N
> and the vector layers got reprojected to 18S but the raster
> was not displayed.
Since QGIS doesn't deal with on-the-fly reprojection of rasters, we know
that you have to set the project CRS to whatever projection the raster
is in. In this case, since the Landsat are (wrongly) set to UTM N, I
guess you have to stay with that in order for vectors to be properly
registered.
Cheers,
Micha