[Qgis-user] qgis as a data catalog browser and viewer

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gista.sk
Fri Nov 20 00:01:18 PST 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> and there is Martin Dobias' Postgis-manager plugin - which is quite close
> to a catalogue browser in my opinion, but specialized for Postgis. It
> would have to add the search issues and support for other data formats.

PostGIS Manager is dedicated to PostGIS data and therefore I think it is not good idea to mix another data support.

Just few weeks ago I have discussed with Martin about PostGIS-only metadata support in PostGIS Manager. He said, that
the problem is, that everybody is dealing with metadata differently, I can just agree with. Maybe in case of PostGIS,
it would be fine, if some basic metadata storing model would be included in package.