[Qgis-user] Labelling

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 07:33:32 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Piotr Pachół
<piotr.pachol at wodgik.katowice.pl> wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> 1. What I mean about angle units and angle rotation style:
> Yes, I would like that user  may choose between units (deegrees or grads)
> and between  rotation styles (geographic  and  arithmetic).
> Do you plan to add  such a possibility ?

Yes, it's planned, but I don't know when that will happen.

> 2. Now there are two possibilities of creation labels:
> - first standard: Layer properties ->labels,
> - second with your plugin.
> When I use both types of labelling each label is generated twice.
> Do you plan to integrate both types of labeling ?
> If the integration not be soon may be it would be good idea to add some
> check box.
> When the  box is on - qgis uses labelling plugin, when off qgis uses
> standard labelling.

Yes I plan to move the code from a plugin to core library and give the
user possibility to choose which implementation to use. It would be
nice if I managed to do it until the release of qgis 1.4, but I'm not
sure I'll have enough time for that.

Martin