[Qgis-user] attribute actions oddities in 1.3.0?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Nov 22 13:40:19 PST 2009

Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> JD Comtois wrote:
>> Thanks for any insight on what I might be doing wrong, or for letting
>> me know that it is the software and not me (so i can stop banging my
>> head against the keyboard ;-)
>
> Hi JD,
>
> I cannot help you, but the safest bet I think is to file a ticket (with

Hi JD,

just out of curiosity I installed Mimas on a fresh windows xp eeepc here
(pff that's not easy with the standalone installer :-( ), and tried to
reproduce your issue, both with some points in a shapefile and some
points in a postgis db:
3 columns named view1 view2 and view3 with full path's to 3 different images
loaded in qgis
added 3 actions to the layer:
task1 c:\programs\irfanview\irfanview.exe %view1
task2 c:\programs\irfanview\irfanview.exe %view2
task3 c:\programs\irfanview\irfanview.exe %view3

and on rightclicking I could choose taks1 and image 1 was shown etc etc.

I also tried to change the column values to just the name of the image
img1.png etc
and changed actions to:
testtask1 c:\programs\irfanview\irfanview.exe c:\temp\test\%view1
testtask2 "c:\programs\irfanview\irfanview.exe" "c:\temp\test\%view2"
both with " and without " was ok...

The only issue I found when I renamed view1 to view. This is probably a
reserved name in postgresql, giving strange behaviour... But never
showing the wrong image?

If you open the QGIS-project file (.qgs) you will find in the layer some
info about the actions you defined. Eg in mine it's a little messy but:

<attributeactions>
<actionsetting action="C:/programs/IrfanView/i_view32.exe
c:\temp\issues\actionAttribute\%%" capture="0" name="task4" />
<actionsetting action="C:/programs/IrfanView/i_view32.exe <actionsetting
action=""C:/programs/IrfanView/i_view32.exe"
"c:\temp\issues\actionAttribute\%view1"" capture="0"
name="task6" />
</attributeactions>

task4 was not working (but seemed to be an example from you email? So I
tried that also ... ).

So.. maybe sending your qgs file and some more info would make it
possible to reproduce your behaviour? Did you try it with another
viewer? Maybe VLC opens random file in case of errors or so????

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde