[Qgis-user] Attribute Actions

Kumaran Narayanaswamy kumaran.narayanaswamy at kcubeconsulting.com
Sun Nov 22 17:24:17 PST 2009

Hello,

I am having trouble making the Attribute Actions work in 1.0.2 Kore and
1.3.0 Mimas in Windows XP. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Steps Followed

1.       Added a Shape file containing buildings

2.       Right Click building layer and open properties and clicked Action
tab

3.       Action Property Name = Google Search Action = firefox
http://google.com/search?q=

4.       Selected the field BUILD and clicked Insert field. Now Actions
String is firefox http://google.com/search?q=%BUILD
<http://google.com/search?q=%25BUILD>

5.       Checked Capture Output

6.       Clicked Insert Action.Clicked Apply and Ok

7.       Using the Identify tool clicked on a feature

8.       In the Identify feature results window right clicked and selected
the action Google Search

9.       Unable to run command firefox http://google.com/search?q=marina

10.   I ran the firefox http://google.com/search?q=INDIA command from my run
prompt and I was able to open the browser.

Can any one let me know what I am missing to invoke firefox from QGIS
environment? Thanks.

Regards

Kumaran