[Qgis-user] ECW imagery in Southern Hemisphere

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 04:04:34 PST 2009

There is a problem of nomenclature here:
In Catalonia we are on 31T, but the T is never used (don't
think it's even required for the reprojection), thus
31 N (with N meaning Norther hemisphere) is often used to make
reference to our projection. Which
is different than zone 31N, where the N means the latitude zone.

Note that the page you mention states (the * are mine):
"it is necessary to additionally state the UTM longitudinal zone and
*either* the hemisphere or latitudinal zone to define the location
uniquely world-wide"

Agus