[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Re: user guide italian translation

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Thu Oct 1 00:30:31 PDT 2009

Le Wednesday 30 September 2009 23:39:15 Alessandro Sarretta, vous avez écrit :
>  I see in the "italian" tex files that
> instead of accented character (è, ù, ...) there are strange symbols (è,
> ù, ...). How can I manage this?
> Otto suggested me:

Encoding of text file for italian translation are in UTF8. If you open this
files with a text editor and if it is setup in "latin1" for instance, and
save the file (just save) then the text file will get the new encoding
definition but  the accentued caracter will be changed by è, etc. (ie utf8
encoded in latin1 encoded file).

When opening such file, alway check accent and encoding caracter. Sometime you
can choose the encoding configuration like in Kate on linux.

Regards,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin

Ne demandez pas si vous pouvez contribuer, contribuez ! :)
---
http://softlibre.gloobe.org