[Qgis-user] Congratulations to all :-)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Oct 1 07:06:28 PDT 2009

People,

sometimes I look at QGIS and wonder if it's real. All of these changes
and new stuff that were introduced the last months make me think that I
am dreaming :-p

Congratulations and thank you all. If QGIS grows at the same pace, I
can't imagine which other platform can beat it with respect to
user-friendliness, simplicity and interoperability.

One general desire though: please try to keep the menu(s) grouped, in an
easy and practical way. Right now, in the unstable version, loading many
(or all possible) plugins gives a bit of a confusing impression.

* The drop-down menus Raster (=gdal), Click-Fu, SDA-4PP and SelectPlus
are right after the Help menu.

* The Plugins are really too many just to keep them alphabetically
ordered. IMHO, a thematic sorting is mandatory.

And an extra-idea: since many-many times people wonder how to cite a
tool, why not give the proper citing in an extra tab within the "About"
dialog (or similar)?

Again, thanks :-)
Nikos