[Qgis-user] qgis grass plugin

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Oct 1 08:22:44 PDT 2009

Agustin Lobo:
> > Also, just to let you know that your site issues the following
message:
> > "trac.faunalia.it uses an invalid security certificate."
> > Not a big problem but thought that you might want to know it.

Paolo Cavallini:
> I know: the certificate is self-signed. To acquire a certificate
signed by a certification authority
> is quite expensive, so I decided to invest my money differently :)
> All the best.

Ehmm?? I never took the time to inform in-depth myself about that. Maybe
this is the answer to why I never receive trac-notifications from
grass-trac? (The university of Freiburg accepts only e-mails from valid
addresses. Is this the reason, or am I touching completely different
issues?)

Aren't there any certification authorities similar to the creative/
scientific commons organization(s) [1][2]?

Aren't there free & valid certificates [3]? I have really no idea on the
issue (drawbacks, important details, etc.). There is also a discussion
about "Is It Time For an Open Source Certificate Authority?" [4].

With today's overload of information things are frequently too complex
to cope with.

Nikos
---

[1] http://creativecommons.org/