[Qgis-user] translations deadlines...

Christian Ferreira chris.for.lists at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:35:21 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Maybe this is my personal problem maybe not... but frequently the
deadline for GUI translations are set to one week prior each new QGIS
release.

The problem is...

Honestly, I can't meet these deadlines sometimes. And I don't know why
is so important for QGIS to be released as fast as possible, and
without giving time for a proper translation and revision (in my
opinion).

I want keep contributing for QGIS GUI translations, but I believe that
we should set enough time (2-3 weeks) since (like many I guess) I work
for this at my free time (night/weekends). And often, the GUI
translations can take several full days of work, making this one week
deadline a bit hard to accomplish.

Also, maybe this list is not the best place to talk about this, but
I'm just subscribing the QGIS-User mailing-list. So, my apologies if
this place is the wrong place for this discussion.

Best regards,
Christian

--
Christian Ferreira