[Qgis-user] Re: osgeo installer windows plugin installer

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 11:53:05 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 11:45 -0700, mtnbiketrail at zzz.com wrote:
> So the plugin installer does not show in the QGIS menu, Windows XP.
> There is no information on how to install the plugin installer. I can
> download the zip file from the qgis website, but there is no information
> on what to do with it. QGIS 1.02. I searched the forum with no results.
> Installed via online osgeo installer.

after having installed qgis just activate all the plugins available in
the plugin manager, this will activate a new item "fetch python
plugins", this is the plugin installer.

try install also a more recent version of qgis trough the osgeo4w
installer, 1.3 is far much better that previous releases.

cheers

-- Giovanni --