[Qgis-user] inserting symbols into qgis

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 9 07:44:43 PDT 2009

sunny74 wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I want to insert my own symbols in my map.
> I am displaying map using mapserver and openlayers.
> But when I create the mapfile using qgis and click Symbols for the different
> layers I find that it allows its own symbols to be selected.
> I cannot insert my own symbol into the symbol collection of qgis.
> How can i do it?
>

> Thanks for ur replies.

In the QGIS installation folder there's a subfolder called svg. Any svg
files you place in there will be picked up the next time QGIS is started
 and show up in the symbol picker.

That's the current way I do it, in the future I hope we can make it easier.

Thanks,
Alex

PS: Need help making an svg, I recommend Inkscape.