[Qgis-user] transparent labels

Geofrey Sanders geofrey at weathercall.net
Tue Oct 20 11:10:14 PDT 2009

I'm working on a map of selected U.S. DMA areas and would like to show
labels on the DMA regions. However, I also need all the county names
to be readable when the map is rendered. Can I make a layer's labels
be transparent?

There is a transparency option in the data-defined style settings, but
that would seem to apply to layer objects and not labels. So far I've
rendered map and labels separately, and composited them in an external
image editor to get the transparency effect. These are large image
files and my system is not exactly top-of-the-line, so I'm looking for
a better technique : )

Geofrey Sanders
Weather Call Customer Care
geofrey at weathercall.net