[Qgis-user] qgis2google

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 01:30:36 PDT 2009

Tim, I think that it would we great to have updated and
specific-platform versions of "Writing C++ Plugins" [1] and possibly
"How to debug QGIS Plugins" [2].

The plugin system is a great workhorse of Qgis. But, many users prefer
to code with Python rather then C++ not only for it's easiness but
also because it's deployment don't cause as many headaches as C++ :)
We know that python is very good for certain things, but cannot be an
alternative to C++ (see ftools performances), so providing a clear and
straightforward coding/compiling/building framework for C++ plugins
could have a very good impact on Qgis enhancements and performances...

have a good day!
giovanni

[1] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Writing_C%2B%2B_Plugins
[2] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/How_to_debug_QGIS_Plugins