[Qgis-user] All 0 raster resulting from Raster/Proximity

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 03:21:35 PDT 2009

According to what is mentioned in the gdal page for Proximity:
*-values* /n,n,n/:
    A list of target pixel values in the source image to be considered
    target pixels. If not specified, all non-zero pixels will be
    considered target pixels.
*-nodata* /n/:
    Specify a nodata value to use for the destination proximity raster.

*-fixed-buf-val* /n/:
    Specify a value to be applied to all pixels that are within the
    -maxdist of target pixels (including the target pixels) instead of a
    distance value.

I leave all 3 Values cells in qgis  Raster/proximity as 0,
I also leave as 0 nodata and fixed-buf-val, while set the maximum
distance to 1000

The source raster has been created by rasterize and has a set of sparse
pixels set to values >0 and 0 for the rest.

The resulting raster is all 0.

Am I doing something wrong or are the parameters in qgis set somehow
different than
in gdal utilities?

Agus