[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] inserting symbols into qgis

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Thu Oct 22 11:53:19 PDT 2009

On Oct 22, 2009, at 10:52 AM, ropework at shaw.ca wrote:

>> As there was no ticket that I could find specific to the idea of
>> having user-provided svg symbols located in a location separate from
>> the application or an application bundle on at least some OS's, I've
>> created a ticket for that:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2027
>

> 	Until such times the svg symbols can be located outside the
> application bundle would it be possible to add a warning label to
> any upgrade package before then warning the user the fate that
> befalls them
>
> 	Knowing this problem exists I will certainly keep a backup copy of
> this file
>
> Terry

Hi Terry,

As it currently stands, most users will not even know how to add new
symbols. The process on the Mac is not as simple as it might seem, so
I doubt there are many people who will even know where to begin. I
don't think a warning is necessary, just a simpler method of adding
symbols in a way that they will be available for use across
application upgrades.

Cheers,
John