[Qgis-user] Layouter: different datasets in different frames -- creating insets

InterRob rob.marjot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:59:56 PDT 2009

Dear list,

I find QGIS a very promising package to do real sophisticated GIS analyses
and cartography. Regarding that last bit, I have a practical question: how
can I add an "inset map" next to a frame featuring a detailed map of a
certain area. I managed to insert two frames with the same contents, but
different zoom levels (as illustrated by the attached GIF-image). However, I
wish to use different data in each of the frames... How can I do this?

And how about inserting the frame extends (the indicating box in the
overview inset map)?

Regards,
Rob