[Qgis-user] gpx files with wron scale in projects

Mario Alberto Cozzuol mcozzuol at ig.com.br
Fri Oct 23 10:36:43 PDT 2009

Hi,
I tried to add a gpx file of a track downloaded from my gps to an
existing project composed of several shapefiles. It load fine, but
does not appear in the screen. When I zoom on it layer it appears and
show itself in the wrong scale (the scale bar said 0.1m, the original
track has more than 150 km). Opening the same file in other programs,
like Trackmaker and (after conversion to kml) in GoogleEarth plot
correctly the scale and position of the track.
There is something I am doing wrong? The gpx file is in lat-long and
wgs84. The original project is in UTM and Sad69, but the same happens
when I convert the track to the same system of the project.

Cheers!

Mario

--
Mario A. Cozzuol