[Qgis-user] Re: your old qgis plugins

Fred LaPlante flaplante at flos-inc.com
Mon Oct 26 15:03:44 PDT 2009

Hi,
I finally figured out how to remove the reference to the older 0.3
version of qgsAzimuth and now have 0.4 installed and (sort of) working.
But I am having trouble figuring out just how to use it. The screen
looks simple enough, but it doesn't seem to do what I expect.

I created a new empty vector polygon layer over a work layer with
polygons on it. I enabled editing on the new layer and selected at the
top of the screen. I clicked the 'from canvas' button then clicked one
vertex of my test polygon on my work layer display - I get X & Y
coordinates as expected. So far, so good.

But what do I do next? I had thought I would simply click the 'from
canvas' button, pick the other end of one side of the polygon and the
azimuth and distance of the indicated line would be entered into the
list. I would repeat this until I got around the polygon. Then I would
edit my line lengths to to what they should be. Finally I would click
'draw' and the new polygon would appear in the previously empty layer so
I could later trace over it onto my work layer.

Obviously I am mistaken, as it doesn't seem to work that way.  Can
someone point me in the right direction. Perhaps since its only ver. 0.4
this plugin is incomplete and I am expecting too much.

Fred LaPlante