[Qgis-user] Grass error in Quantum GIS 1.4.0 from Kcubeconsulting

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sun Apr 4 02:54:57 PDT 2010

On 03/04/2010 13:15, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Kumaran,
>
> We've found an error at setting the grass default region:
> we select New Mapset and when we get to the Default GRASS Region
> panel and select the tab "Set Current Qgis extent", the N and S
> coordinates are correct (coincident with the display) but the
> W and E coordinates are wrong (defining a much larger region).
> We use a UTM projection.

I did not see any problem like this. I loaded a simple layer (in a local
CRS), then used the GRASS "New mapset" wizard to create a UTM location
and 'test' mapset. Then I clicked "current QGIS region" and the region
was created identical to area on the map canvas.
QGIS 1.4.0 from OSGeo4W on WinXP.

> This error is not present in the linux version of Qgis 1.4.0, which
> sets the
> same N and S limits but sets the correct W and E limits.
>
> Could anybody check if this error is also present in the
> osgeo4w version of Qgis 1.4.0 ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Agus

Micha Silver