[Qgis-user] averaging raster grid

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Apr 16 11:43:44 PDT 2010

I can't see what might be causing these crashes. I guess it's back to
basics:

* Did you have a look at the raster info (in GRASS Toolbox, go to the
Browser tab and click on the problem raster). Can you check that the
extents look right? And what range of values does it show?

* Display the GRASS region - you should see the red rectangle - then
verify that the vector and raster layers are within that region (again
from their info tables).

* In the Raster->Properties->Symbology, switch to a "pseudocolor" color
ramp. (Maybe the whole range is being displayed as white, for some reason?

* Are all the layers, raster and vector, in the same GRASS location and
mapset?

* How big are the original tiffs. Maybe displaying all four at once is
overloading the machine? It might be best to begin with just one, and a
section of the vector grid that covers just that raster?

Cheers,

Micha

M.E.Dodd wrote:

> Came in this morning and was just about to post back to list saying how everything was fixed and working.  But then started up qgis, did a file, 'open recent project' to load up yesterday's work and the raster layers did not show, they were listed with a cross by them but nothing on screen even though they were showing fine yesterday.  Have just checked back at the screen dump from yesterday to check I am not completely loosing my mind and indeed they were there and the maps showing up (http://www.amanita-photolibrary.co.uk/Untitled-2).png).  The vector layer was fine.
> So shut down qgis again and tried loading them one by one, they all loaded without a problem except they showed nothing on screen and the value tool suggests there is 'no data' when you move the mouse over where the map should be.  I've tried recreating the grass raster layers from the original raster layers in qgis and again the same problem, whereas all of this worked fine yesterday, indeed it still appears to work fine today:
> "
> r.in.gdal -o input=C:/Projects/cepaea_megalab/DEM/W020N40.DEM output=w020n40gn2
>

> Over-riding projection check
>

> r.in.gdal complete. Raster map <w020n40gn2> created.
>
> Successfully finished
> "
> But when you try to view output nothing appears.  Coordinate reference system is correct and there is a large file with this name that has been generated in the 'cell' part of where it should be.  I have checked the properties and its not set to transparent (I'm clutching at straws now), its at the top of the list so should be on top of anything else
> http://www.amanita-photolibrary.co.uk/Untitled-3.png
> the mouse is over NW Africa which is the w020n40gn2 area so it shows up the 'no data' in the value tool, the other raster layers are qgis ones (I have switched off the qgis version of w020n40)

Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918
http://www.surfaces.co.il